Make 2018 The Year of Your Potential
You are invited to unleash your potential in 2018. Schedule a kickstarter session today. Click here to get started.
My prior New Year resolutions are laughable at this point — from losing weight to working harder to creating a more colorful wardrobe. I’ve never committed to them beyond mid-February. Their allure dissipates sharply once Valentine’s Day rolls around. The gifts I’ve always enjoyed then are caloric i.e. chocolate, cheese, and wine.
So this year, I’ve decided to pick one word to hinge my daily actions in 2018 and I’m inviting you on this journey.
Let’s make 2018 about striving towards our FULL potential.
The word striving was carefully picked because my plan is not to sign-up for an iron-man. It’s not about making all of my dreams come true because my dreams wouldn’t fit in a carry-on bag. It’s about taking thoughtful action steps every single day.
Here is the best way I’m making it easy for me and you. It’s about finding some post-its, writing these three questions on them, and putting them where I can see them: my coffeemaker. You are invited to do the same.
My goal is to use these questions as filters when I make everyday decisions.
Am I tapping into my potential today?
Am I helping someone else tap into his or her potential?
Will my potential feel limitless or limited for taking this on?
Here’s how this can look in 2018:
- As I brainstorm my marketing efforts or write copy — I can ask myself — how can I do better?
- I’ve been noticing unique talents and abilities in my sons. Rather than focusing my energies are my eldest son’s creativity, how can I nurture Nick’s athleticism and Noah’s inquisitiveness?
- When I take on assignments or embark on new endeavors — it’s important to think harder about whether at the end of the day my effort will be worth it.
Here’s how it can look for you:
- When you are evaluating a job description to pursue — ask yourself whether this is really the best you can do?
- As you are planning your day — fit-in something that can help you reach your potential.
- Think a bit more critically about the opportunities that come your way. Imagine whether your effort will be worth it afterwards. Will it help anyone live up to his or her potential? Anyone you care about?
- What about the next time your boss slaps you on your wrist for a mistake? Think whether is it worth it to you to figure out how to avoid making that mistake in the future? Do you want to reach your potential at work? Do you want to help your boss reach hers?
- Ask yourself — what’s today’s potential? There is always potential in a day to teach us something.
- Meet a friend for a coffee and praise them about his or her potential. Lift them up. Sometimes we need to hear that someone else sees our potential.
What could your FULL potential look like in 2018? Schedule a kickstarter virtual session today to get started on your journey.
Details: schedule a 30 or 60 minute kickstarter virtual session this week to launch your journey and gain exclusive access to an accountability community that will help keep you focused on your goals in 2018. You’ll get weekly videos focused on helping you stay the course en route to your full potential throughout 2018. Your membership will begin once you schedule your first session.
New to coaching? Take the leap this week because this opportunity will not last. 2018 will be a big year for me and I’m committed to making it big for you too. This also means that I’ll be offering fewer one-on-ones in 2018 so don’t miss out this week.
Sessions are first come, first served. Act now and you’ll start receiving these action-packed emails on the next available Friday.