Ever wonder what it’s like to live the roller coaster life of a rock star? Me too! We see it in the movies all the time. The talent and rise to fame, the chaos, the drugs, the fall. Well, today you get a firsthand account from someone who has lived it! Former frontman for The Jangletones, Victor Hanning shares his powerful story of overcoming addiction, his eight-year hiatus and exile of healing, living a creative life and so much more. The Jangletones were founded in 2008 in Malmö, Sweden. They made their mark on the music scene playing feverishly energetic tunes with both garage rock and post-punk influences. In 2009, they recorded a 6-track EP and a video for their “Dance Angst, Dance…” Victor Hanning gets personal in this intimate discussion. After such a long time away from the public eye, Victor’s story of redemption will be a breath of fresh air for anyone who needs to know there is a way out of their dark place. Sometimes it requires embracing radical change.
Share this episode with three rock and roll fans who need to hear the story of someone who has been there and done that and survived to tell the tale. Victor Hanning is back with more music with his new band Mute Vision!
- Exile: Learn how Victor’s addiction and brush with death nearly ruined his life and career.
- Fame: The danger of one’s public persona getting all the attention.
- Clean and Sober: How Victor battled his demons by realizing his drugs and alcohol were simply means of escaping something else. He had to reevaluate all his relationships and values.
- Creativity: Victor shares his artistic philosophy.
- Resistance: How sometimes one has to release what the muse has given, whether you like it or not.
- The Jangletones and Mute Vision: Victor talks about the origins of his first band and what he’s currently working on with his new one.
- Death and Trauma: Songwriting as therapy and dealing with harsh realities.
- Parenting: Victor leaves us with very sound advice for rearing children.
Links to quench your curiosity:
Want to continue the conversation?
Now you can by following me on Instagram! There I jump on an IGTV Live every Wednesday! You’ll catch me reporting LIVE on-location (so far in a gas station on a highway, a modern art museum, and my local fruit smoothie shop) OR hosting a LIVE “after-party” with the week’s guest! Who knows where my next episode will take me or what else you can learn from this week’s amazing guest? Come along! I want YOU to join me on my next adventure. I’m easy to find on Instagram @careeroutcomesmatter
Rather keep it professional?
Let’s connect on LinkedIn. I encourage every single podcast listener to connect with me.
Ready to pivot into a new marketing full-time role this year?
Register for a complimentary masterclass entitled: The 5-Step Strategy Marketers Use To Pivot Into Their Dream Marketing Career (Without Undervaluing Themselves)!