Get ready for a deep conversation with the potential to change how you see yourself, those around you, and what you expect from life. Suzy’s perspective is that of a wise human who has done the work that many of us would rather avoid just to get on with achieving various success markers. We dug deep into Suzy’s life’s work and what it takes to truly transform our lives and be open to new perspectives of what we can do with it.
About Suzy Batiz
Transformation is the common thread that runs throughout founder and creator Suzy Batiz’s life and her companies. Whether transforming the bathroom into a pleasant-smelling experience with Poo~Pourri, the household cleaning industry from toxicity to aromatherapeutic magic with supernatural or people’s lives with her growing portfolio of ALIVE OS™ courses, Suzy is a revolutionary explorer of infinite potential in the playground of life. She loves to inspire others and bring them along for the ride, with energy being her native tongue.
Suzy experienced some of life’s lowest lows — poverty, sexual and domestic abuse, depression, two bankruptcies and a suicide attempt — leading to what she calls the luxury of losing everything. Through her journey of liberation from a lifetime of oppression, convention and conformity, she discovered the power of pattern-breaking thinking and curated a radical “Trinity of Transformation.” Harnessing the energy of intuition and transformation, Suzy built her businesses from the ground up without ever taking a dollar of outside investment, building ALIVE IDEAS into a nine-figure empire.
As creator of each brand, Suzy currently serves as Chief Visionary Officer and Chairwoman of Poo~Pourri, CEO of supernatural and Chief Explorer of ALIVE OS™. She continues to build her brands using the transformative principles that she now shares with the world through ALIVE OS™, embodying her belief that our external world is simply a reflection of our internal state of being.
Suzy has been featured by leading publications including The New Yorker, Forbes, TODAY, People, CNBC, Fast Company and Entrepreneur. She has been named one of Forbes’ Richest Self-Made Women in America (2019, 2020), EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year (2017), Conscious Company’s World Changing Women (2019), EarthX’s Community Leader of the Year (2019) and is WBENC (Women Owned) certified business owner. Suzy has also been interviewed for Leaders Create Leaders, Modern Hero & Marie Forleo’s Marie TV and has given presentations for Conscious Capitalism, Google, HustleCon, SXSW, Create & Cultivate & the In goop Health summit.
Share this episode with three individuals who would benefit from learning how to heal in their lives. This dialogue is foundational before going off and building any empire.
- Self-Compassion: How can we be more compassionate to ourselves? According to Daoism, the path to enlightenment is to accept and allow. Suzy talks about both steps.
- Internal Struggle: It’s important to reconsider how you are trying to keep yourself in line.
- Empathy: Fake vs. real.
- Pain: How consuming is it and can you be truly empathic if you have unprocessed pain?
- Authentic: What is the key to being authentic? Can we skip healing our pain?
- Self-Trust: How to start trusting ourselves? Suzy shares an Alive OS ™ exercise.
- Acceptance: What are your expectations? Can you accept what is?
- Self-Empowerment: What role does it play in adding flow in our moves through life?
- Trusting Others: How to start trusting others is to fully trust yourself.
- Awareness: Accept what is. We are all humans even qualities that sound “bad” like us being opportunistic.
- Universal Source of Infinite Wisdom: A busy mind and what’s needed to tap into infinite wisdom.
- Terror: It’s hard to be still if you are in pain or feeling terror? Again, turn your focus to heal pain to open up your direct path to infinite wisdom.
- Death: What’s the key to not be terrified of death?
- Transitions: Consider this guiding question: How can I be with whatever comes up?
- Key Distinction: Quieting our reptilian brain is key not shutting it off.
- Sharing Your Message: What is our responsibility here?
- Courage: Does it come from trauma or something else? How can we become more courageous?
- Life: Is it fair or easy?
- Fill in the blanks. Suzy credited Byron Katie and her trips to the jungle for incredible life-changing insights you’ll want to write down.
Links to quench your curiosity:
Books and resources mentioned:
- David Hawkins: Power vs. Force
- Learn about Gay Hendricks
- Autobiography of A Yogi – Paramahansa Yogananda
Want to continue the conversation?
Now you can by following me on Instagram! There I jump on an IGTV Live every Wednesday! You’ll catch me reporting LIVE on-location (so far in a gas station on a highway, a modern art museum, and my local fruit smoothie shop) OR hosting a LIVE “after-party” with the week’s guest! Who knows where my next episode will take me or what else you can learn from this week’s amazing guest? Come along! I want YOU to join me on my next adventure. I’m easy to find on Instagram @careeroutcomesmatter
Rather keep it professional?
Let’s connect on LinkedIn. I encourage every single podcast listener to connect with me.
Ready to pivot into a new marketing full-time role this year?
Register for a complimentary masterclass entitled: The 5-Step Strategy Marketers Use To Pivot Into Their Dream Marketing Career (Without Undervaluing Themselves)!