An Interview with Dr. Tarek Elgawhary the President of the Coexist Foundation.
On this episode, Tarek shares with us how he has been able to weave together his core values of love and mercy into a sustainable career. What’s more, Tarek explains the surprising root cause of conflict and how through a simple act such as consuming more coffee (something tired parents can do in their sleep) you can take part in resolving conflict amongst divided communities. Sounds like something we need right now? Press play.
Listen to episode #2 especially if you’re curious about Tarek’s thoughts on any of the following questions:
- What’s the story behind this popular bumper sticker?
- How can we support post-conflict communities by drinking more coffee?
- Is it possible to make a living while not leaving our religious beliefs outside of work?
- Who should have a seat at the table when it comes to solving major world challenges?
- What’s really at stake if we don’t challenge conventional wisdom?
- What does this all have to do with how Tarek parents his twins and how do they describe what their father does for work?
- What’s at risk if you don’t figure out how to turn your interests into something sustainable?
In this interview, you’ll also hear how Tarek would answer the following job interview question:
What’s the best way to establish trust with business partners who bring decades of distrust to the table?
I loved Tarek’s raw answer because he does aim to forge authentic relationships with local farmers on the ground and trust is a very real challenge for any business looking to root themselves in an emerging country.