Making Lemonade Out Of Lemons Takes More Than Optimism, This Requires Switching On Five Key Qualities, Zack Friedman the Author of The Lemonade Life Takes Us Through Them All, Episode 57
When life hands you lemons? Are you the type of person who accepts them and their bitterness or have you mastered how to consistently turn them into sweet lemonade? In this episode, you will uncover how you can reframe anything by asking yourself empowering questions to become a “Lemonade Lifer.” What’s a “Lemonade Lifer”? Someone who is a “daring disruptor” at work and in life. Meet Zack Friedman he coined and explains both terms during this insightful and applicable conversation. Zack is the bestselling author of the blockbuster book, THE LEMONADE LIFE, which Apple named one of last “Fall’s Biggest Audiobooks” and a “Must-Listen.” The Lemonade Life also debuted as the #1 new business book on the Apple Books bestseller list. Zack has inspired millions of people through his powerful insights, including more than 175 million who have read his advice in Forbes.
Zack is also the founder and CEO of Make Lemonade, a leading personal finance comparison website that empowers you to live your best financial life. Previously, Zack was a CFO, a hedge fund investor, and worked at Blackstone, Morgan Stanley, and the White House. Zack holds degrees from Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, and Johns Hopkins. Whether you consider yourself to be one of the most daring individuals in your inner circle or not, I encourage you to tune in for the specific empowering questions that Zack encourages anyone to ask themselves every single day. You have 365 shots a year at greatness. Bring a pen for this conversation and write down the reframes that Zack offers you so that you can more consistently and thoughtfully play bigger at work and in life! My hope for you is that you get so good at making lemonades by implementing Zack’s tips that you open a freakin lemonade stand by the end of the year! Side note: let me know what specific ideas you try. Just email me Melissa [@] melissallarena.com.
Share this episode with three of your closest friends who work in a corporate environment that could benefit from encouraging its employees to be more daring.
- Framework: What is a daring disruptor or how can you lead a Lemonade Life?
- Habits: Your best shot at greatness today. What habits matter?
- Switches: Learn more about this acronym: “P.R.I.S.M.” This acronym refers to the switches anyone can turn on. This is how “Lemonade Lifers” see the world.
- Story: Zack’s journey from working for others to his own business.
- Corporate Life: How can you be more daring at work when you’re not the boss?
- Risk: What if you have a lot to lose? Ask yourself these questions.
- Independence: How to stop thinking about what others are doing or thinking
- Total Accountability: Being a daring disruptor is not for everyone.
- Courage: How can we evolve into someone who can handle the good and bad parts of disrupting things?
- Entitlement: Good grades or good schools? Who cares?
- Wolf Packs: How to assemble a dream team to uplift and inspire you.
- Life: How to use the 5X rule to see your life and change what you wish to edit?
- People Leader: How to encourage your team to be more daring when you are the boss
- Team Member: How to be more daring when you’re not the boss
Links to quench your curiosity:
- Websites: lemonadelifebook.com and zackfriedman.com
- Find Zack on Instagram
- Tweet Zack Twitter
- Connect with Zack on Facebook
- TEDx: The Secret To Happiness At Work
Did you enjoy the conversation?
Ever wish you could be a fly on the wall? Now you can by following me on Instagram! There I jump on an IGTV Live every Wednesday! You’ll catch me reporting LIVE on-location (so far in a gas station on a highway, a modern art museum, and my local fruit smoothie shop) always depending on my guest’s career thrills! During those LIVES, I share behind-the-scenes podcast stories, offer you a glimpse into my guest’s expertise, and always release more specifics around HOW you too can pursue your own billion-dollar career! Who knows where my next episode will take me? Come along! I want YOU to join me on my next adventure.
Learn more about my free 5-Day Personal Brand Exploration Video Series. This is a free, quick, and simple video series geared to help you quickly determine whether you could do more when it comes to developing, amplifying, or changing your personal brand on LinkedIn, Resume, Cover Letter, Thank You Note, Elevator Pitch. You’ll watch my videos, take notes, take immediate action, and determine for yourself if you are already a Lamborghini or Gucci of a job candidate or if your brand can use a refresh. Take this time upfront to uncover if your brand is broken or not enough to save time during your next job search. My clients landed roles in 6-weeks during this pandemic and the insights in this program are why.