James Altucher is the author of several Wall Street Journal Best Selling books, including ‘Choose Yourself.’ There he suggests that we write 10 ideas every day to become an ideas machine. James has reinvented himself several times. His first career change was when he left his full-time role at HBO to build a tech start-up. James has co-founded 20 companies 17 of which have failed on paper yet have given him several life lessons. He is the host of widely popular podcasts The James Altucher Show and Ask Altucher. James is a venture capitalist. And these days, you can find James doing stand-up in local clubs including Stand Up NY.
Listen to episode #6 especially if you’re curious about James Altucher’s thoughts on:
- What it took for him personally to quit HBO and work in his business full-time
- How to evaluate equity if you are interested in working for a start-up
- Whether corporate skills are REALLY needed in a start-up
- What kept James up at night when he was building his first business
- How to get started in becoming your own ideas machine as he is widely known for suggesting to everyone
- And, how James thinks about motivating his daughters as well as how you can think about doing the same thing in your home
In this episode, you’ll also hear how James Altucher thinks about making investment decisions based on his 3 tried and proven rules as a successful venture capitalist. Press play to hear this part 2 of a 2-part podcast episode.
This episode is brought to you by Career Outcomes Matter.
Do you want to make an important career move?
Maybe even reinvent yourself so that you’ll get to use your skills in another role or industry?
Whether you have a personal brand can make the difference between making a successful transition or continuing to do what you’ve always done before.
Having coached professionals since 1997, I know that building a consistent and strategic personal brand is the key to securing lucrative job opportunities and staying marketable which is why I created an on-demand personal branding course that you can watch and apply from the comfort of your home. You’ll feel as if I’m walking you through every step by way of videos from crafting your elevator pitch to updating your resume.