How To Maximize Your Energy To Feel Healthy And Unleash Your Potential With Funny Lady Caroline Power An International ‘Anti-Diet’ Culture Dietitian and Hypnotherapist, Episode 59
Are you a yo-yo dieter? Too often we think that the answer to all of our prayers is to lose weight. If we lose weight we’ll have more energy, feel more loved, and look better. So of course when we think of resolutions we aim to lose weight every single year yet just about this time of the year we tend to revert to our old food habits. Why? Meet Caroline. She once worked in the inside of a corporate supermarket lab! Caroline knows what goes into our foods and she also knows the limiting beliefs that make their way into our minds. She discusses what may be keeping you from releasing your weight, bringing your full self to work, and feeling healthy once-and-for-all. We talk about how everything is related and what you can do specifically to break-free from your local diet culture whether you live in the U.S., U.K., or Australia.
Caroline Power is an ‘anti-diet culture’ dietitian and hypnotherapist, specialising in emotional, compulsive or binge eating as well as any eating disorders, body image and ditching diets. She helps you end emotional eating and heal your relationship with food so you can eat what you love without the guilt. Knowing it’s not about what you eat but why you eat, Caroline is a food rebel and her passion is helping people achieve health WITHOUT letting go of their favourite foods – working through the mind-body connection, getting through any limiting beliefs and the right mindset. Remembering always that “health is not a size, it’s a feeling”. She has held a BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics for over 15 years and a Post Grad in Food Technology. On top of this, Caroline is also a Master Hypnotherapist and Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Time Line Therapy (R). By working with Caroline and unleashing your inner superpower, you will face your stuff, rather than *stuff your face* and not only feel the shift with your eating but other areas of your life – because “how you do one thing is how you do everything.”
Please share this episode with three working moms who have weight loss goals. Why? Caroline’s strategies for how we can better model body image appreciation to our kids is actionable! Plus, she shares supermarket shopping hacks that can save you thousands each year…pass this on!
- Brand: Is Caroline a typical dietitian? What’s her secret sauce?
- Family: What if your family upbringing is centered around food? Any fellow Latinos experience this?
- Story: From Brazil, UK, US, Australia, oh my! Where is Caroline from?
- Entrepreneurial Story: Left working in innovation for food companies to becoming an entrepreneur
- Weight: Caroline’s personal turning point to feeling healthy vs. restricting herself over and over
- Global/Local Diet Culture: How different food availabilities and climate affect local diet philosophies?
- Feeling: Is healthy a feeling? It’s not what you eat, it’s WHY you eat.
- Choice: To face your stuff or stuff your face?
- Career: What did Caroline do as a food technologist for a supermarket?
- Food Companies: Are their employees actually trying to provide healthier options?
- Hunger vs. Cravings: How can you tell whether it’s just a craving?
- Exercise: Try this: don’t think about a bar of chocolate. So what are you thinking about?
- Rules: Let’s tease out misinformed food rules. 5 minutes on the hips and others.
- Hypnotherapy: The key to being more suggestible. Caroline explains.
- Parenting: How to model self-confidence to your kids or just to YOURSELF. Try this exercise.
- Feedback: Say hi to Caroline and tell her what you got out of our chat! Instagram is best!
Links to quench your curiosity:
- Check Out Her Website
- Ask Caroline Your Questions On Instagram
- Witness Her Journey On Facebook
- Follow Her On Twitter
Want to continue the conversation?
Now you can by following me on Instagram! There I jump on an IGTV Live every Wednesday! You’ll catch me reporting LIVE on-location (so far in a gas station on a highway, a modern art museum, and my local fruit smoothie shop) OR hosting a LIVE “after-party” with the week’s guest! Who knows where my next episode will take me or what else you can learn from this week’s amazing guest? Come along! I want YOU to join me on my next adventure. I’m easy to find on Instagram @careeroutcomesmatter
Rather keep it professional?
Let’s connect on LinkedIn. I encourage every single podcast listener to connect with me.
Ready to pivot into a new marketing full-time role this year?
Register for a complimentary masterclass entitled: The 5-Step Strategy Marketers Use To Pivot Into Their Dream Marketing Career (Without Undervaluing Themselves)!