How To Change Your Relationship With Yourself, Where To Begin When It Comes To Shifting Your Identity, Kara Loewentheil Shares Her Law To Life Coaching Career Journey, Episode 63
Ever wonder why you think certain thoughts that do not serve you? Would you like to learn how to change those thoughts? In this conversation, you will understand yourself better than your BFF! This one is perfect for anyone who identifies as a women or has been socialized as a woman because Kara is about helping women how to control the thing we can: our own brains! Kara Loewentheil is a Master Certified Coach with a B.A. from Yale and J.D. from Harvard Law. In the last four years after pivoting from a legal career, she has grown her life coaching business from 0 to 7 figures. She’s the host of the iTunes top-rated self-help podcast Unf*ck Your Brain which has been downloaded 10M times, and she has been featured in outlets like Marie Claire, Mind Body Green, MSN.com, and The Huffington Post. Kara lives in New York City.
Learn more at unfckyourbrain.com. Share this episode with your three favorite feminists who are done with being told how they should think or be and would much rather define their identity on their terms. We covered so much during this conversation from how anyone can think about leaving a successful career, to how we can coach ourselves, to where to tactically begin any thought work so that we can get out of our own way. Bookmark this one!
- Identity: Can it evolve or should it be stagnant?
- On Leaving A Legal Career: Did I really need to be a lawyer?
- Being Judged: Reasonable vs. unreasonable thoughts.
- Authenticity: How can we become more of ourselves?
- Women: Societal messages and their impact
- Control vs. Guiding: More about our very human under- and overestimations
- Self-Soothing: How can we do this when starting a self-coaching process?
- Suffering: Why do we suffer so much? Think: mental anguish.
- Feminism: Different emotions are coded feminine vs. manly.
- Parenting: What unconscious things may we be teaching our kids?
- Limiting Beliefs: How can we work through any limiting beliefs when shifting identities?
- Changing Our Lives: This requires thinking new thoughts and letting go of old ones
- How To Begin: Do this writing exercise! Pick a painful thought and reflect upon it. Listen to The Thought Ladder episode on How To UnF**k Your Brain the podcast to complete this thought work in detail.
Links to quench your curiosity:
- Website: https://unfuckyourbrain.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karaloewentheil/
Podcast: Unf*ck Your Brain
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/redesignyrmind
Want to continue the conversation?
Now you can by following me on Instagram! There I jump on an IGTV Live every Wednesday! You’ll catch me reporting LIVE on-location (so far in a gas station on a highway, a modern art museum, and my local fruit smoothie shop) OR hosting a LIVE “after-party” with the week’s guest! Who knows where my next episode will take me or what else you can learn from this week’s amazing guest? Come along! I want YOU to join me on my next adventure. I’m easy to find on Instagram @careeroutcomesmatter
Rather keep it professional?
Let’s connect on LinkedIn. I encourage every single podcast listener to connect with me.
Ready to pivot into a new marketing full-time role this year?
Register for a complimentary masterclass entitled: The 5-Step Strategy Marketers Use To Pivot Into Their Dream Marketing Career (Without Undervaluing Themselves)!