Cepee Tabibian is the Founder of She Hit Refresh, a global community for women aged 30-plus who want to break free from routine and start a life of travel—specifically moving abroad or quitting their job to travel long-term. Tune in as Cepee shares stories of how she has immersed herself in new cultures, used those opportunities to try on new identities even at the age of 37, and take notes about all of the resources that are available for women who want to fulfill their wishes of exploring an unconventional life filled with travel today. And if you are thinking of Europe as your top destination then Cepee has the book you’ll want to grab immediately.
Here’s some further background on Cepee. She is a citizen of the world, she is half Colombian and half Iranian, and proudly considers herself a native Texan. She loves jumping feet first into the unknown and encouraging others to make their own leap in life.
Through her Facebook group, podcast, annual retreats, online course called #MAKEITHAPPEN, and the new digital book I’m Outta Here! An American’s Ultimate Visa Guide to Living in Europe, she inspires her community members to take imperfect action and make their dreams a reality.
- What is home? Especially if you move around a lot. (5:53)
- Cepee shares how she didn’t know what she wanted to be until she turned 37. (7:55)
- How she discovered what she was good at, could do and how that led to the beginning of She Hit Refresh. (9:27)
- Try on a new identity even if you feel like an imposter. (10:01)
- She Hit Refresh filled the need for a lack of resources for women who want to take or took an unconventional path and were in their 30+years. (12:33)
- Seeking validation from a Facebook community for wanderlusts with “crazy ideas” of living abroad. (13:24)
- Reasons why women may not live abroad include fear of failure, finances, or embarrassment. (13:35)
- It’s okay to take a pause to figure out what’s next and, Cepee discusses how to plan for that financially. (16:35)
- Cepee shares why leaving a good life in pursuit of a great one is okay. (19:58)
- If an idea keeps popping up you should listen to it, don’t ignore it for decades. (22:32)
- Why Cepee is so action-oriented. (29:24)
- Is trauma needed to feel a sense of urgency or are decades of life experience enough? (31:25)
- Learn all about the book: I’m Outta Here: An American’s VISA guide for going to Europe – it includes the 16 easiest countries to which Americans can move to for more than 90-days. (34:16)
- What if you don’t know the language spoken in your dream European country? (36:34)
- How the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting women who lived abroad or have a travel bug. (38:29)
- How to explore different cuisines and be transported to other countries through food. (39:42)
- What gave Cepee the audacity to get unstuck; no need for a permission slip to try on different identities. (43:04)
- The Middle Finger Project book and how living abroad enables you to try new identities or expand your identity. (44:26)
- The top three things Cepee learned from living abroad 1) Give living abroad sometime before passing judgment. 2) Believe in yourself. 3) Share the journey with others i.e. finding your tribe locally. (45:22)
- How to enjoy getting to know a new place. (48:14)
Links to quench your curiosity
Did you enjoy the conversation? Ever wish you could be a fly on the wall? Now you can by following me on Instagram! There I jump on an IGTV Live every Wednesday! You’ll catch me reporting LIVE on-location (so far in a gas station on a highway, a modern art museum, and my local fruit smoothie shop) always depending on my guest’s career thrills! During those LIVES, I share behind-the-scenes podcast stories, offer you a glimpse into my guest’s expertise, and always release more specifics around HOW you too can pursue your own billion-dollar career! Who knows where my next episode will take me? Come along! I want YOU to join me on my next adventure.
Learn more about the BOOST Your Market Value: An End-To-End On-Demand Job Search System Focused On Helping You Stand Out. Code PODCAST for $100 off.